You will part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to form the future of aviation. As part of our team, you will help answer today’s challenges and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Your positive energy, motivation and dedication will be a huge plus for our Team. Reporting to the Associate Director, Engine Life Management Team (ELMT) Asia Pacific, Global Services Engineering, you will help to support the engine centers and component repair shops in the overhaul and repair of commercial engines.
You will be working in a cross-functional team comprising of professionals from customer support, repair engineering, design and development engineering, support equipment, technical publications, materials, and engine diagnostics to form the Asia ELMT to provide regional support to both the legacy and PW1000G programs in the growing MRO network across the Asia region.
This team will initially support the part repair shops and MRO engine centers in the region. This position is based in Asia at Eagle Services Asia (ESA), Singapore.
You will also be responsible for supporting the technical data needs globally when required. This includes, limits development, investigation, part data trending and assisting in the development of repairs.
- Establish that the technical data requirements are compliant to airworthiness standards and ensure repairs and limits are safe, durable, properly substantiated meeting the quality requirements of the component; perform or oversee analysis, as required.
- On-site repair/limit implementation team with direct link to GSE, CTS and the Component Integrated product Teams (CIPTs) responsible for the life-cycle of their modules.
- Support the customers in the resolution of field supportability issue with timely hardware disposition in support of shop turnaround time and cost.
Responsible to trend hardware distress locally to identify needed limits/repairs and input to spare provisioning based on observed distress trending.
- Interface with CIPT/CAIPT to secure priorities and understand programmatic issues.
- Work with customers to minimise shop visit work scope.
- Research operating environments and functionality of components, their interactions with mating parts, and develop strategies which will return damaged parts back to service.
- Continue to develop an improved personal understanding of the technologies, engine systems, business systems, regulations and business needs of the company and customers.
- Foster an environment of creative technical ownership within the collaborative community of the regional ELMT Team.
- Any other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Associate Director, ELMT Asia Pacific, Global Services Engineering.
- Occasional Global Travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Demonstrated business judgment, communication / presentation, results driven, adaptability in a fast paced environment
- Confident / demonstrated communication skills including executive level written and oral presentation proficiency
- Preferably with a minimum of 6 years’ working experience in Aftermarket and/or similar MRO businesses, and strong technical knowledge of commercial gas turbine engines
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management processes, tools, and techniques, including knowledge and application of ACE and/or similar continuous improvement operating systems