Jun 13, 2019
Pratt & Whitney
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategies and objectives in the management of suppliers. Review and improve on operating procedures as regard to supplier selection, quality system survey, periodic audit, rating and receiving inspection.
- Assist suppliers to improve their quality management system with the goal of ship to stock on receiving supplier’s products.
- Lead company-wide efforts to improve business performance through implementation of supplier improvement plans leading to certification.
- Establish a close communication channel for early information feedback and correction of deficiencies, transmission of all design and quality requirements and quality performance to the suppliers.
- Perform vendor appraisal and evaluation and prepare yearly vendor performance report.
- Perform vendor quality audit. (Overseas travel ~25%)
- Coordinate and supervise inspection / testing of parts returned from production and field.
- Perform sample evaluation.
- Generate and maintain inspection / test plans.
- Establish inspection plan, control methods, quality documentation and records which suppliers must conform.
- Make judgment, evaluation and recommendation on parts concessed by QA department as required.
- Conduct and coordinate special study and special projects assigned by QA Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years QA experience