As a Repair Technology Engineer with Rolls-Royce Singapore, you will be responsible for developing the latest repair and services technologies for application to both our future programmes (e.g. UltraFan) and our current fleet (e.g. XWB). You will work as part of a global repair technology team with sites in Singapore, Germany, USA, and Canada.
You will be based at Rolls-Royce Seletar and is mainly office-based, requiring substantial external interaction with companies, Universities and a wide range of stakeholders across the business. Local & occasional international travel may be required as part of this role.
The team sits in the Materials Capability Group within Central Technology Group (Innovation Hub) and is functionally aligned to the Materials Engineering organisation. The role requires working closely with delivering technology to Engineering for Services (MRO & on-wing), and Assembly & Test technology customers across businesses.
- Project management of technology development projects or work packages to TRL 6 on MRO or on-wing repair and inspection technologies.
- Lead R&T projects within the repair & services portfolio employing company project management best practice and following the associated technology development process.
- Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with customers and stakeholders in the relevant SCU’s, repair & services organisations, and other functions within central technology in order to develop robust requirements, pull on the latest technology, and develop exploitation routes.
- Identification, creation, and writing of bids to external funding agencies to secure geared funding either in the Singapore or Overseas.
- Create funding bids as assigned and work as part of the annual R&T cycle for internal funding.
- Utilization of the UTC and broader research network for delivery of novel technology solutions, including industrial supervision of students as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in materials/mechanical/chemical engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written reports and presentations, to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- You will have demonstrable experience of producing high quality technical documentation.
- Experience of conducting or managing collaborative based research activity would be beneficial
- Relevant industrial R&T project management experience or a desire to develop these skills is preferred.