As a Non-Destructive Evaluation Technologist, you will be part of the NDT/E team which sits in the Materials Capability Group within Central Technology Group (Innovation Hub, Singapore). You will be functionally aligned to the Materials Engineering organisation. Your role requires collaborative working and knowledge sharing with several our global partners including Rolls-Royce facilities in Canada, Derby and Germany.
You will assist with the Life Management Planning and Non-Destructive Testing analysis on a range of components and engine varieties.
The main aspect of the role would be to inspect and manage varying components relating to the RR global in-service fleet, using an assortment of Non-Destructive testing techniques such as; Magnetic Particle Inspection, Eddy Current, Ultrasonic Analysis and Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection.
Be accountable for whole process Life Management Planning (LMP) of varying Civil Aerospace components. Tasks include; component tracking, analysis, inspection, contractor management and technical report writing.
- Responsible for a defined LMP package of work, customer interaction and reporting of results. Providing leadership and delivery against programme milestones within agreed costs, timescales and quality requirements.
- Apply technical knowledge, expertise and engineering judgement during the inspection of Aerospace components to sentence components regarding their air worthiness.
- To be a point of contact within Materials Engineering and to share subject matter knowledge across the function. This may include providing advisory services to designated customers, influencing their peer group, representing senior departmental staff and acting as advisor / coach on matters where they are technically authoritative.
- To understand company business objectives and ensure that the work they do supports this; To act in accordance with both the company values and those associated with being a professional engineer.
- To actively promote, encourage and support the identification and implementation of continuous improvement both within and outside their immediate sphere and prompt action across the wider team.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Level 2 certified in Penetrant Testing or Eddy Current Testing is required.
- Experience in Ultrasonic Testing, or X-Ray inspection is preferable but not fundamental to the role.
- Experience in Visual Inspection in Gas Turbine engine is preferred.
- Direct technical experience relevant to the Engineering discipline.
- An ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking on a range of technical problems.
- Experience in undertaking Lean Projects and working towards efficiency improvements is preferred.