To liaise with suppliers and provide technical assistance for new production introduction. Coach suppliers for product industrialisation, best practices for manufacturing and management. Support commodity buyer in assessing product manufacturing evaluation and aid in supplier negotiation for best techno-commercial outlook.
- Assess complete part requirements, manufacturing methodologies, qualifications and develop matrix for product manufacturing.
- Assist commodity buyer in defining baseline pricing using basic should cost
- Provide technical support to supplier in defining the concept, fixture design, NC programming, measuring methods and First offs.
- Visit supplier and witness process compliance, discuss and resolve technical challenges.
- Interact with counterpart in resolving technical queries, where domain expertise needed.
- Mentor suppliers in best practices and risk management concepts and evaluate performance
- Support in process documentation, e.g., create/update Manufacturing drawings, Manufacturing Work Instruction, Routing Sheet, Specifications, Standard operating procedures, Material definitions, Bill of materials and Special Process Instruction.
- Support in promoting the standardized way of working across sites by documenting and propagating best practices.
- Focus on upskilling individuals/ sites and plan training needs
- Support management in recruitment
- Drive performance and Knowledge sharing & handle training
- Ensure necessary delivery infrastructure ( including IT)
- Explore/ drive new technology
- Support in proof of concepts
- All tasks undertaken will be addressed in line with defined ME procedures, to achieve challenging targets
- Develop and sustain process planning support competence within Global ME team in India.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s / Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in supply chain related manufacturing engineering activities.
- Strong knowledge in Machining, Sheet metal forming, NC programming and special processes
- Process planning experience (8-12 years) with ability to define Manufacturing Drawings, Manufacturing Work Instruction, Routing Sheet, Standard Operating Procedures, Specifications, Material definitions, Bill of materials and Special Process Instruction.
- Good knowledge of APQP, PPAP process, Problem solving techniques and handling MRB’s
- Generating FAI reports using AS9102 Rev B forms 1, 2 and 3.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment and Shop floor is must
- Manufacturing Engineering change control process understanding and its implementation.
- Good knowledge of Quality System / OMS of Aerospace manufacturing organization.
- Strong knowledge on GD&T and its application.
- Basic CAD software skills in CATIA or NX is a must.
- Good skills with MS word, Excel and MS PowerPoint and ERP user level experience.