As the EH&S Regional Leader – Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for assisting sites in meeting our company’s EH&S goals and continuing to improve our exemplary EH&S performance. You will provide technical support and guidance, working collaboratively with EH&S professionals across the region and company. In addition, you will play a key role as Collins integrates the largest acquisition in aerospace industry history. You will also partner with Operations and integrating businesses to strengthen the company’s existing programs as well as to implement innovative approaches.
This position supports 24 operating locations in the Asia Pacific region plus field operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Support Collins Aerospace sites in the Asia Pacific region in the implementation of effective programs to minimise occupational injuries and eliminate violations of safety and environmental regulations.
- Provide guidance and assistance to sites on safety, compliance, and sustainability programs
- Assist with regulatory permit applications and agency correspondence as requested
- Lead and participate in onsite reviews of company requirements and EH&S Management System elements
- Participate on EH&S audit teams, as requested
- Support EH&S Business Unit Leaders with staffing and talent development needs, including onboarding of new EH&S professionals
- Conduct EH&S training for site leadership and EH&S professionals
- Participate in and provide feedback on incident investigations, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 10 years of experience / Master’s Degree with 7 years of experience
- The successful candidate should have experience in managing EH&S programs, as well as the following:
- Demonstrated success in implementing EH&S programs and systems in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with across all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership, organization, and project management skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft suite of programs
- Ability to travel internationally (75%), occasionally on short notice