Buyer I requires a basic rudimentary understanding of basic purchasing functions and their inter relationship with other departments. An employee in this position will be ask to place purchase orders and will be task to expedite vendors’ delivery commitments. Buyer I reports to Purchasing supervisor.
The Buyer I has the following duties:
- Handles mid-critical , mid- value commodities such as:
- Direct – Sheet metals, machining, insulation, latches, rubbers, sub-assembly, subcontractor, distributors.
- Indirect – Calibration, production toolings, equipments
- Performs supply/demand review and analysis, PO placement, follow-up/expedites deliveries, Inventory Control
- Coordinate with internal department related to price matching, invoice aging, receiving , IQC and warehouse.
- Achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as Supplier quality performance, Supplier On time delivery, Fill Rate, Inventory Turns and etc;
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
- Directly reports to Purchasing Supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Basic MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Communication Proficiency.
- Basic Negotiations Skills
- Technical Capacity.
- Basic International Trade
- Confident and assertive