You will be involved in new & existing product planning, design, drafting and development, prototyping, testing, and validation works; while provide technical solutions to support sales & operations team in new business development inclusive tender submissions.
- To work together with Principal Engineer(s) and team in generating technical solutions for new designs, current design improvement, cost-down exercise of products and solutions.
- To work closely with sales & operations team to understand customer requirement, and provide quality documentation and sound technical proposals to customer / tender submissions as part of pre-sales activities.
- To design mechanical solutions and generate corresponding assembly work instructions, fabrication drawings, and quality control test procedures.
- To quantify all fabrication processes by 3rd party providers are in accordance to approved fabrication and processes.
- To support EE department in electro-mechanical part sourcing.
- To design and produce mechanical solutions, and handle its engineering processes from concept, parts identification, design draft, BOM creation, design capture, 3D modeling, 2D design, prototyping, troubleshooting, and include various aspects of mechanical design DVT, EVT and 3rd party certification processes prior pilot & production run.
- To manage and review own design outputs to ensure quality contribution to the team in creating innovative, value-oriented, durable, high-quality and high manufacturing yield for the designed solutions.
- To be trained in IPC/WHMA-A-620B standard on wire harness quality acceptance requirement
Qualifications and Requirement
- Master/Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimal 3 – 8 years design experience or Diploma holders with minimal 5 – 10 years design experience in precision engineering design for portable and fixed mounted products.
- To possess practical knowledge in materials, manufacturing, treatment processes relating to composite sheet metal / solid block, plastics & polymers is essential.
- Experience in material costing and parts sourcing.
- To possess design knowledge in thermal management solutions for electronics and system equipment, and design solutions to meet Mil-Std 810 requirement in shock, vibration, thermal performances and EMI/EMC shielding techniques to meet IEC/FCC/Mil-Std 461 requirement.
- Hand-on attitude towards problem-solving and must be a team player.
- High proficiency in using SolidWorks Drafting and Simulation software is a must in FEM/CFD simulation case studies.