You will head our supplier chain management role, inclusive support all internal material procurement demands and forecasting to ensure projects meets all deadlines.
- Source, evaluate, compare and negotiate pricing with various suppliers to ensure company’s best interest is consistently achieved
- Plan, arrange, consolidate demands for material used in production, prototyping cycles via inputs from sales, product and production team and develop sourcing, budgeting plans, estimate and schedule
- Identify and source for alternate/new suppliers for vendors and negotiate pricings with the suppliers and logistics vendors
- Manage the product inventory system and supplier database and to develop criteria and checklists to meet the Company's requirements in terms of product specification, quality, service, safety and reliability standards to help the purchasing team evaluate suppliers' proposals as well as measure the suppliers' performance
- Manage the ongoing relationship with the suppliers to ensure that the organisation receive satisfactory standards of service at all times
Qualifications and Requirement
- Minimal Diploma or Degree in any Engineering discipline or Supply-Chain/Business related disciplines
- 2 - 4 years relevant working experience preferred.
- Hands-on attitude towards problem-solving is essential.
- Working knowledge in handling at least contract/commercial laws, trade compliance requirements and the associate functions would be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Well organised, responsible, independent and good working attitude to be able to meet deadlines.