This role is to oversee the steps that comprises the supply chain process: planning, development, manufacturing, logistics and distribution of all parts inventory utilized on aircraft and/or components, within company’s regulatory approved capability.
- Liaise with General Manager, to establish and monitor the strategies and objectives to be followed to ensure that the Departmental goals are effectively achieved;
- Direct, motivate, develop and control the Procurement and Stores team, ensuring that the staff is provided with the essential training and knowledge, in order to maximize their performance;
- Plan and monitor the yearly department operating budget to ensure both necessary resources are available and expense costs are reduced and improve maintenance capital;
- Report to the General Manager, for provision of aircraft parts or materials, capital equipment, commercial items, stores and logistics;
- Ensure sufficient supply of inventory to satisfy requirements;
- Ensure competitive quotations to be obtained for capital equipment and commercial items;
- Ensure secure storage for all parts and materials;
- Ensure acquisition, receiving, inspection and storage of inventory complied with regulatory authority requirements;
- Develop and maintain the system and manual procedures for business continuity and implement any corrective actions resulting from internal and/or external auditing ;
- Consolidate statistical data for performance monitoring and improvement plan;
- Develop efficient relations with contracted maintenance organizations, approved vendors and aircraft manufactures, negotiate the maintenance contracts the quality of the service and approve the charges in order to select the best providers at the best price and a high level of service;
- Ensure that inventory reports are accurate, analyze their effectiveness and develop procedures for future improvements;
- Propose and develop internal procedures to meet EASA, FAA, CAAC and CAAP regulations, monitor their compliance and communicate effectively any deviation to maintain department compliance with regulations.
- More 10 years in Aviation Industry, preferable on the Business and/or private Aviation Experience.
- More than 5 years of experience in managing a sizable Store and logistics team, in aviation related industries.
- Liaison experience with the CAAP, FAA, EASA and/or other aviation industry agents.
- Strong background exposure with both domestic and international vendors.
- Demonstrated and firm understanding of international travel, international customs and practices.
- Working knowledge of inspection procedures, methods, equipment and accepted industry standards.
- Experience with P&L and business plan strategy.
- Previous International experience, namely in the Asia region.
- Detailed minded, excellent management skills, strong business acumen with reasonable level of financial literacy.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in English are essential.