At GE, we are always searching for great talent. While we might not have a specific job for you today, we want to know about you when we do. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.You will be responsible to set up and operate machines such as CNC machines in Milling, Grinding and Lathe; Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM); Surface Grinding; VT Lathe and various conventional machines and specialised equipment to perform machining operations.
• Set up and operate all types of conventional or CNC machines such as electrical discharge machine, laser machine, lathe, radial grinder, reciprocal grinder, milling machine, drilling machine and specialised equipment to perform machining operation of the most complicated nature in the making of jigs, fixtures, tools, dies, gauges, test equipment and product parts, and their rework or modifications • May follow a particular product through the machine shop using a variety of machine tools to complete the finished product
• Use all types of standard and special gauges, various hand tools
• Maintain pertinent records; work according to technical drawings and instructions
• Perform scheduled maintenance & housekeeping tasks
• Minimum GCE ‘O’ level/SPM with 3 years of relevant experience; or
• Minimum SKM/MATA from Malaysia with 2 years of relevant experience; or
• Preferably NITEC/Higher NITEC in Mechanical/Precision Engineering or equivalent; or
• Diploma in Mechanical/Precision/Manufacturing Engineering
• Basic command of written and spoken English
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Knowledge in CNC programming
• Ability to comprehend technical drawings/instructions
• Ability to use measuring instruments
• Previously worked in a manufacturing environment
• A team player