We are currently seeking a Chemical Engineer to join our propulsion team. The position will evaluate chemicals and materials in our rocket fuel oxidiser and catalyst systems. The position will research and develop new potential fuels, catalyst systems and a concentration system for hydrogen peroxide.
In your role you will: -
• Report to the Head of Propulsion
• Understand and apply job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories and concepts.
• Perform material compatibility testing with hydrogen peroxide, building and maintaining database of materials.
• Develop cleanliness and passivation procedures for different materials that will see contact with hydrogen peroxide.
• Assist in safety analysis of Ground Support and rocket propulsion systems using hydrogen peroxide and other fluids
• Organize and run safety courses dealing with handling of hydrogen peroxide
• Work and develop soft and hard thermal insulation materials
• Work on adhesive bonding technology and performing bonding tests of different materials
• Assist in general as a chemical expert on various problems that may surface on any chemical aspect.
The following are pre-requisites for this role: -
• A minimum 5 years work experience
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills