Responsible for carrying out tax compliances, Tax accounting functions and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Participate in the timely and accurate preparation of all federal and state income tax returns and other specified tax returns. Errors may impact company profits through penalties and interest charges or through audit adjustments by taxing authorities.
· Improve processes by identifying efficiencies in preparation and information gathering procedures.
· Verify accuracy and makes recommendations for corrections.
· Perform tax research for return items and special projects.
· Seek ways to identify tax savings opportunities and work with others, where applicable, to implement those strategies approved by senior management.
· Training other employees both within and outside the department.
· Collect data and prepare reports on company tax.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
3 to 5 years of corporate income tax related experience. Basic understanding of GAAP required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or business related field with CPA license preferred.