The Program Manager has responsibility over the given program or contract as it relates to the following main areas:
Customer Facing duties for the Contract Program & Contract management Program financial performance / profitability – Estimate At Completion (EAC)
Core responsibilities of the function include the areas outlined below:
- Management responsibilities for assigned customer FlightSense contract
- Provides a central single point of contact for the overall program. The Program Manager is directly responsible for the program’s overall success as measured in all terms and requirements of the program contract, the business success as measured by senior management, and the measure of customer satisfaction (MFA).
- Recommend changes to improve program growth and maintain or exceed original business case.
- Ensures that Collins is adhering to the Terms & Conditions of the contract. Works to resolve any contract commercial issues that may arise with the Customer.
- Owns and actively manages the overall EAC (Estimate At Completion) financial performance for adherence to the original business plan. Identifies areas of improvement and/or recovery with the UTAS repair suppliers and UTAS technical community. This includes the review of monthly/quarterly cost data, reliability trends, effects of improvement activities, and customer fleet/flying projections to update future forecast model predictions. Reports out performance to senior management as part of the monthly/quarterly review process
- Monitors the overall Customer Service Level (CSL) to the customer. Ensures that the repair suppliers are working any recovery plans necessary to meet the minimum CSL requirement.
- Performs periodic Program Reviews both externally with the customer and internally with the Collins aftermarket team (Finance, Repair, Technical, and Management).
- Works with the FlightSense Entry Into Service (EIS) team to manage the entry into service of new programs/contracts with the external customer and the internal Collins aftermarket team: Ownership of contract T&C flow-downs, create awareness for potential financial penalty risks, initial EAC formation with Finance, and other set-up as necessary per the contract.
- Supports and provides assistance to the Proposal Management Group (PMG) for any new proposal activity as it relates to these contract customers (pricing, T&Cs, processes, etc.).
- Employs continuous improvement activities and uses the ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) operating system for maximum benefit.
- Complies with all requirements for EH&S, ITC, Regulatory, and any other UTC absolutes.
- Performs other duties as directed by management.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Engineering, Aerospace or similar; Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Minimum 6 years of aerospace industry experience, in commercial, customer facing, aftermarket service related roles
- Effective interpersonal skills and influencing abilities with internal and external customers
- Familiarity and competency with Excel
- Strong customer focus
- Solid understanding of Collins Aerospace organization, products, services and processes
- Technical background desired
- Periodic travel in the region